Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taylor Swift Looking To 'Evolve' On Next Album

'Love is always going to be a huge theme in what I write about,' singer tells MTV News after premiering 'Safe & Sound' video.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Taylor Swift
Photo: MTV News

<P>In 2010, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/swift__taylor/artist.jhtml">Taylor Swift</a> released the <a href="/news/articles/1679095/grammys-2012-taylor-swift-performance.jhtml">Grammy-winning <i>Speak Now.</i></a> The album was a study in the complexities of love and life, full of ponderings on the romance of new love and the pain of a broken affair. Drawing inspiration from her own life, the album topped the charts and kept Swift ever-present. </p><div class="player-placeholder right" id="vid:733489.id:1678910" width="240" height="211"></div><p> As she embarks on her next album release, she tells MTV News that she's still got work to do, even if her bosses at the record label are ready to pull the trigger on it. "So far, I've been writing so much in the last year and the label keeps telling me, 'All right, we're finished; all right, we're satisfied; OK, this is done now.' And then I just keep writing and I keep turning it in in different versions," she told MTV News' Sway during <a href="/news/articles/1679207/taylor-swift-safe-and-sound-music-video-premiere.jhtml">"MTV First: Taylor Swift,"</a> when she dropped her video for her "The Hunger Games" track, <a href="/news/articles/1679213/taylor-swift-safe-and-sound-civil-wars.jhtml">"Safe &amp; Sound."</a> "I'm going to work on it until I literally have zero time left to work on it, because I'm having so much fun working on this album," she explained. "I made my last album, <i>Speak Now,</i> with this idea I really wanted to make an album without writing with anyone else just because I always wanted to do that. And now I have a different approach to this record. I'm getting to work with people that I've always wanted to work with." That means that she's seeking out some assistance "from all different places in music." "I'm trying to be as much of a sponge as possible," she explained. "You have to evolve and try new things and change and that's what I've loved to do with this album." But just because she's trying some new things musically doesn't mean she's quite ready to move on from writing about love. "I think that love is always going to be a huge theme in what I write about just because there are no two similar relationships, there are no two times that you feel love the same way or hurt the same way or [feel] rejection [in] the same way. It's all different and I'm fascinated by that," she said. "I really love to go back to human interaction and the way we make each other feel. But that at 22 is different than it was at 18 or 19 when I made my last album and 16 and 17 when I made <i>Fearless.</i> As you grow, you change in the way you process emotion." <i>What are you hoping to hear on Taylor Swift's next album? Leave your comment below!</i></p>

Related Videos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679271/taylor-swift-safe-and-sound.jhtml

Taylor Swift Music Videos VH1

No comments:

Post a Comment