Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jennifer Lopez, Chelsea Handler Honored At Glamour Event

Theophilus London joins Deborah Harry for performance during magazine's 'Women of the Year' celebration at Carnegie Hall.
By Jocelyn Vena


Chelsea Handler
Photo: Getty Images

<P><b>NEW YORK</b> &#8212; On Monday night, some of the most prestigious and glamorous women in the world gathered at Carnegie Hall to celebrate the Women of the Year as chosen by <i>Glamour</i> magazine. <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/lopez_jennifer/artist.jhtml">Jennifer Lopez</a> was the night's top honoree, and props were also given to everyone from Laura, Barbara and Jenna Bush to Chelsea Handler and "Glee" star Lea Michele. </p><div class="player-placeholder right" id="vid:708967" width="240" height="211"></div><p> "I'm pretty excited," Handler dished to MTV News on the red carpet. "I'm happy. It's fun," she added, before explaining what makes her feel glamorous. "Nice clothes make you feel glamorous; getting dressed up for the night. I've never really been one to care that much about clothing, if you haven't been able to notice. I'm always about your mind and being and clever and smart, so it's cool to kind of get dressed up and wear cool things." One of the night's performers, Theophilus London, was pretty stoked to be in the same room as some of the world's most beautiful people. He even had the perfect outfit to wear when he hit the stage. <strong><a href="http://www.mtv.com/photos/21st-annual-glamour-women-of-the-year-awards/1673945/6683515/photo.jhtml">Check out red carpet photos from the night!</a></strong> "I woke up this morning [and] I kind of wanted to wear leather, but I want to wear something shiny and soft. I don't want to be too hot in Carnegie, so I found something. Shout out to Lanvin. I feel very privileged because they're very good designers," he said. London also shared his opinions on who he thinks deserves Women of the Year honors. "I think Michelle Obama is pretty hot and sexy. Actually, I think Debbie Harry is really hot and sexy. I'm doing a duet with her tonight. I'm pretty privileged, but I think J.Lo deserves it. She's from New York. She's always reinventing herself. She's hot and cute." Fashion designer extraordinaire Marc Jacobs explained that true glamour comes from the inside. "I think self-confidence makes a woman glamorous," he explained. "I think living by one's own rules makes anyone glamorous; living life to the fullest, enjoying and appreciating all the things that life has to offer, enjoying one's life," he added. La La Vasquez had a similar take on the art of being glamorous. "I think it's confidence. It's all about how you feel on the inside," she said. "If you feel confident, you can make anything look good, so definitely confidence." <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/cobra_starship/artist.jhtml">Cobra Starship</a> frontman Gabe Saporta later joked, "Obviously reading <i>Glamour</i> magazine makes women glamorous, but I think glamour is about a girl who understands herself and has her own sense of style."</p>

Related Photos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1673947/jennifer-lopez-chelsea-handler-glamour-women-of-the-year.jhtml

Music News Top Music Artists CDs

No comments:

Post a Comment