Saturday, January 28, 2012

Christina Aguilera Will Return To 'The Voice'

Rest of the panel is also signed on to return.
By Gil Kaufman


Christina Aguilera On 'The Voice'
Photo: NBC

<P>Unlike the typical <a href="/news/articles/1666686/american-idol-jennifer-lopez.jhtml">judges'-panel drama unfolding over at "American Idol,"</a> it looks like NBC newcomer "The Voice" has locked down its diva for a second season: <a href="/music/artist/aguilera_christina/artist.jhtml">Christina Aguilera</a> will be back on the small screen in the spring. According to <a href="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/voice-christina-aguilera-return-as-207301" target="_blank"><I>The Hollywood Reporter,</I></a> despite rumors to the contrary, an unnamed source said Aguilera actually agreed to give it another go on the reality singing competition "weeks ago." The good news for fans of the upstart show is that Aguilera will be seated in the tall-backed chairs next to all her homeboys, as Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine, country star Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green have also officially re-inked. Citing an unnamed source, <a href="http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/all-4-coaches-from-the-voice-have-signed-on-for-season-2-2011306" target="_blank"><I>Us Weekly</I></a> reported Thursday (June 30) that the entire quartet have signed on for a second season. Shelton recently told a <a href="http://www.wivk.com/Article.asp?id=2212759&spid=" target="_blank">Knoxville, Tennessee, radio station</a> that he'd love to come back for another run. "The reality of it is, you've got four different artists who are doing completely different things and a network that has a time schedule that they want things to happen in," he said. "Who knows what'll happen, but I'd hate to miss it." Levine &#8212; who mentored <a href="/news/articles/1666647/javier-colon-the-voice-winner.jhtml">Javier Colon to a win</a> on Wednesday night &#8212; also seemed eager to make a return engagement. "Yeah, that's the question that everyone's asking me," he told the <I>Reporter</I> earlier this week about the constant questions about whether he'll be back. "I'd hate to say for sure, but I think so. If they'll have me, I'd be delighted to be back." The show has been renewed for another season and is expected to make its second bow after the Super Bowl in the spring. The <I>Reporter</I> also revealed that the pay scale on the show has Aguilera far out-earning her fellow coaches, raking in a reported $225,000 per episode to the men's $75,000 each. The quick re-sign of Aguilera is in contrast to the drama at the granddaddy of hit TV reality singing shows, "Idol." While veteran judge <a href="/news/articles/1666649/american-idol-judges-randy-jackson-steven-tyler.jhtml">Randy Jackson and newbie Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler</a> are onboard for the upcoming 11th season, it remains unclear if the other new face of the series, Jennifer Lopez, will be back. With her music career revived, thanks to the exposure of "Idol," Lopez has been coy about whether she's willing to give it another shot. "You know, this is the question of the hour," she said earlier this month in an interview with BBC's Radio 1. "I don't know. I haven't been forced to make a decision, and I'm glad about that because, honestly, I'm very on the fence about it. I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year, and we're not really at the breaking point of, 'You have to make a decision right now!' I'm just really enjoying the time of just waiting and seeing." <i>Are you happy the panel will be back on "The Voice"? Let us know in the comments!</i></p>

Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1666697/christina-aguilera-the-voice.jhtml

Jennifer Lopez Taylor Swift Music Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment