Saturday, July 9, 2011

Taylor Swift Cancels Tour Dates Due To Illness

Singer postpones a handful of shows after coming down with bronchitis.
By Jocelyn Vena


Taylor Swift
Photo: Bryan Bedder/ Getty Images

It may be a little difficult for Taylor Swift to Speak Now. The singer canceled several dates on her summer tour after coming down with bronchitis.

According to a statement from her label, Swift has had to shuffle around a few shows because she "has bronchitis, and has been advised by her doctor that she is not well enough to perform this week."

Her July 8 show in Charlotte, North Carolina, has been rescheduled for November 16, and two dates in Atlanta, on July 9 and 10, are now slated for October 1 and 2. "It breaks my heart to miss out on this weekend's shows with my friends in Charlotte and Atlanta," the star in a statement. "I would never cancel if I thought I was physically able to perform these shows. I am so sorry to the fans, but I look forward to seeing you when we come back through your towns, which we will do."

Swift's tour will resume on July 14 in Montreal. Swift canceled a concert in Kentucky over the weekend, marking the first time the singer has ever had to cancel a show due to illness. She alerted her fans to the news on Twitter, writing, "Louisville, I so sorry to have to postpone this show to Oct 11. This is my first time having to do this. I'm so, so sorry."

When Swift spoke to MTV News in May about the Speak Now tour, she explained it would be all about the fans. "That's why I'm so blown away. That's why I can't wait to go out on tour and thank them personally," she explained.

"We get to have such groovy, cool stuff happening. I've never had pyro before. I've never had aerialists before. It's got this grand staircase. The stage in itself looks like an old-world theater. I can't believe we get to play stadiums. I'm so excited about this tour. I want to live on that stage. I hope people leave the concert feeling like they know you better."

Send your get-well wishes to Taylor in the comments below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1666883/taylor-swift-tour-dates-cancelled-illness.jhtml

Music News Top Music Artists CDs Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment