Friday, July 15, 2011

Lil Wayne Says He'd Retire To Be A Better Dad

'I'm not gonna Brett Favre y'all,' Lil Wayne tells MTV News about his retirement from rap.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Rahman Dukes


Lil Wayne
Photo: Kevin Winter/ Getty Images

Too $hort tried calling it quits but is now working on his 19th album. Jay-Z's 2003 retirement lasted about three years before he returned to rap in 2006. And now Lil Wayne is talking about hanging up the mic. Will he actually do it?

During a radio interview with Hot 97's Angie Martinez in March, the 28-year-old said he's walking away at 35. Then Weezy switched up, telling XXL that he would be "gone by 31." Now, Lil Tunechi, who dropped his Sorry 4 the Wait mixtape on Wednesday, tells MTV News that he isn't sure when exactly he will walk away from rap.

"I'm not sure; I'm not gonna Brett Favre y'all," Wayne said referring to the former Green Bay Packers quarterback who finally handed the NFL his walking papers in January after years of talking about it. "I'm not gonna draw it all the way out the whole year: 'We wondering, is Wayne gonna do this?' But the honest answer is I don't know."

Wayne — who has already recorded eight solo albums, sold more than 10 million records and won four Grammy Awards — said he wants to focus less on making hits and more on his kids. His oldest daughter, Reginae, is a budding performer herself at age 12, and Weezy wants his little girl to eventually stunt like her daddy.

"I'm so settled in my life right now," he told us. "I have my kids; they're wonderful. My daughter has her career ahead of her now. I have to focus on that, and I have to put the same focus that I put in my career. ... I want to become a better father, I want to become a better man to my woman, and those things take time. and time takes away from this. So the honest answer to that [retirement] question is, I don't know. Maybe so."

Weezy's ninth solo album, Tha Carter IV is one of the year's most-anticipated LPs and is set to be released on August 29. Will it be his last? Fans have to wait and see.

Do you think Lil Wayne should call it quits? Tell us in the comments.

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667295/lil-wayne-retirement.jhtml

Christina Aguilera Beyonce Justin Bieber Eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment