Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Taylor Swift Says 2012 Album Is 'About Moving On'

The 10 songs she's written so far are 'sad, if I'm being honest,' she tells The New Yorker.
By Jocelyn Vena


Taylor Swift
Photo: Jordan Strauss/ Getty Images

It's been almost a year since Taylor Swift released the chart-topping Speak Now, which included the hits "Mine" and "Back to December." Fans won't have to wait much longer for the next country-crossover hits: Swift's next album is due sometime in 2012.

During an interview with The New Yorker, Swift said she recently decided that life is "about achieving contentment ... you're not always going to be ridiculously happy" — and that newly discovered viewpoint is leaking into her new music.

Throughout her career, we've seen Swift grow from a wide-eyed girl who sings about puppy love to a been-there, done-that young woman who understands heartbreak. Her new songs certainly fit into the progression. "They're sad, if I'm being honest," she said of the 10 songs she's written so far, adding that a recent track she wrote "is about moving on."

Of her abilities as a vocalist, Swift said singing is really just the vehicle to get her ideas out into the world. "I write songs, and my voice is just a way to get those lyrics across," she said.

In an interview with MTV News earlier this year, Swift said her ability to express her feelings in song has grown nearly as much as she has as a person. "I think retrospect will tell a lot. Years from now, I'll look back and go, 'I didn't know anything then,' " she said. "I had this song called 'Picture to Burn' that's talking about how 'I hate your truck' and 'I hate that you ignored me,' 'I hate you,' " she explained. "Now, the way that I would say that and the way that I would feel that kind of pain is a lot different."

Until Swift does put out new music, her fans can look forward to a concert album and DVD special called "Speak Now World Tour - Live," dropping November 21. It will include live versions of tracks like "Mine," "Story of Us," "Mean" and Back to December."

What are you expecting from Taylor Swift's new music? Let us know in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1671954/taylor-swift-new-album.jhtml

Music Videos VH1 Top Ten Albums

No comments:

Post a Comment